When it comes to handling the general maintenance and cleanliness of your building, it’s always a good idea to provide a checklist for the Superintendent to accomplish upon each visit.
- Check all common areas of the building beginning with the top floor and back down to the basement. Report any large objects obstructing egress pathways or unauthorized material storage in the Sub-Cellar (at the bottom of the stairs) to Management (i.e. furniture, large deliveries, building materials, etc.).
- Report any damage to lobby walls to Management (especially if witnessed).
- Sweep debris from all common areas and the front of the building.
- Daily checks that all bulbs throughout the building and exterior are lit. Replace burnt out bulbs.
- Check for broken or loose door handles and report to management.
- Clean all common area glass surfaces.
- Based on your building’s schedule, trash is to be placed at the curb for pickup.
- Sweep and Mop all common areas at least once per week.
- Dust all common areas and ensure that no dust is left in any corner.
- Remove scuff marks from walls as necessary in spare time.
- Take inventory and ensure that there is always an adequate supply of cleaning products and other customary items necessary to properly maintain the property.
- Shovel sidewalks and salt when necessary if snow contract is in place
ProRealty Property Management has a full-staff of Superintendents that are licensed, bonded, and insured. They are also skilled General Contractors that will save you a great deal of time and money on repairs and maintenance.